Sunday, November 18, 2007

what to do...

for the past couple of days i have been going to fiu to study for my ginormous anatomy test (which by the way i did awesome) thanks to anne marie my study buddy and no thanks to yannick who doesnt understand the concept of concentration!! lol i have officially fallen in love with the campus and this is where my dilemma begins... i recently realized that i need to start taking action and decide what school i want to go to for nursing =) yessss im finally there! i graduate miami dade this summer God willing...soo all the talk i have made about going away and what school i want to attend is becoming a reality! and honestly i am kinda scared =/ since i graduated varela i have been saying that i want to go away for nursing school but the closer that time gets the more i wanna change my mind! i am a mommy and daddys girl and i think they made a pact long ago to make my life easy and comfortable so that my attempt to fly free into the world would fail...and i think they might win. some may say that is reason enough to go away and become independant and i agree 100% but like i said im scared!!! i cant even go away for 3 days with my friends without missing my parents!

now because life moves at a fast pace and things are around the corner i need to start seriously planning and praying for God to show me where he wants me to be...i am hoping he will give me an obvious sign like leaving a note on my pillow or decorating my car overnight with the school i should go to =) wouldnt that be awesome!!! but seriously i need to stop trying to run my life and let him do his thing...i really need to trust in Him and let Him lead the way....

and while waiting for God to deliver my message i will be making a pros and cons list for every school i want to apply for and go from there...so lets hope for this to be easy (but ofcourse why would it...my future only depends on it) aahh dont i love being a grown up!!

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

congrats on rocking your test! i knew you would, smarty pants!!! i think fiu looks good on you- it was nice having you at the library all those hours :D

Lauren said...

Congrats on the test...don't worry so much things will be fine. Just pray about it and in time things will begin to become clear. Love you.

Merari said...

yay! i think someone is going to join me at FIU soon!!!! yay!

Anonymous said...

I say apply to a bunch of different schools and see what happens. If you're not ready to go away yet, then that's cool. I wasn't ready to go away and I stayed right here in Miami. And now I know the time is right and I can't wait to take off for grad school in North Carolina! :-)

Anywho, like Lauren said, just pray about it and be sensitive to what God is saying. And once you hear from Him just do it! lol, even if you're scared.