Monday, January 28, 2008

ethics fight #1

This semester I am taking Critical Thinking and Ethics as part of my requirements for nursing school. When the class began it wasn't what I expected, actually I didn't know what to expect at all. My teacher has to be on some sort of drug but he is amazing!! he yells out his lectures and makes the best faces EVER! (kinda reminds me of me lol). so there is this boy in my class that my friend and I call abercrombie boy (he comes to class everyday in abercrombie pajamas), well this a & f boy ALWAYS has something to say and usually I disagree with him and his arguments. The teacher always makes the awkward face I make when the a & f boy wants to talk because he knows he is in for along discussion lol. So to the point of blog today we were discussing religion and if there is one way to believe and one religion that is right. And ofcourse I know the answer to that but I wasn't going to start out an argument and have everyone gang up on me...mainly because I don't have enough knowledge to fight these heathens! lol During the conversation one girl starts quoting parts of the Bible and at the end she says "and a whole bunch of other crap that contradicts itself" and I immediately grew defensive and said "well you're ebing ignorant because you are reading what you want and not the entire pasage and what it really pertains too" and sooo I won that argument because most of the class agreed. Then abercrombie ofcourse opens his big mouth and says "the Bible is crap" so the I turn around and say "I am not criticizing your Bible so why are you criticizing mine...it's just a matter of respect and you should be a little more considerate" uughhhh people like this make me so angry!!! I dont go arounf hating on their releigion and beliefs (maybe I hate on them but that's a different story) I do not agree and support them but I respect them. Uusually after class a & f boy comes out and tries to talk to luly and I but toda he didn't =) i scared him lol!!! so be on the look out for many more of my battle with people in this class!! =)

2 comments:

Merari said...

LOL. Sounds like a fun class. Too bad you scared that guy away. ;0)

Anne Marie said...

fight the good fight, my friend. you'll make it through. make us proud :)