Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the voice of truth is my inspiration

On the way to school the other day I was listening to casting crowns on my ipod (thanks to merari) and as I was listening to the song called "voice of truth" there was a certain part that caught my attention.

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling meTime and time again. 'Boy/ girl, you'll never win!'"You'll never win"
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

I am a person of little faith..sometimes I try and fool myself but it is just something I struggle with. This semester I am battling with my 2nd attempt at college algebra and I just dont believe I can do it. Even before I went to the first class I set myself up for the failure! So when I heard this part in the song it gave me a breath of fresh air...

So what I am going to do is print that part and put it in the front of my math notebook because everytime I feel myself losing faith or feeling like I can't do it I will be able to read it!! Because I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth!!!!

6 comments:

Merari said...

you can do it!

I don't struggle with my faith in you ;0)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You can do it! lol.
Seriously, you don't know the struggle I had with statistics!!! UGH! But I finally got it and finally graduated! Woo-Hoo!
So don't worry girl, you WILL pass. :-)

stephsharpe said...

I have faith in you, like the little train says "I can." You'll pass math, if you ever have any trouble don't be afraid to ask for help from a fellow student, and if no one can, don't be afraid to go to the professor, thats kind of their job, to teach.
Steph

Andrew said...

I was unable to find contact information on your website, so I am passing this on to you here. We would like you to post about the Pledge for Huckabee being organized by Huckabee Momentum:

http://huckabeemomentum.com/

Contact us if you have any questions.

Lauren said...

I love that song! You'll get through this even if it means all of us getting together and helping. Prayer its a powerful thing.

alexita said...

i absoloutley LOVE that song!!! it gets me through the day! :)
well keep going girl, you'll get it!!! :D
♥ ya